TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
At a point of major inflection and scale, TaskRabbit is looking for a Chief Product Officer to come on as the leader behind the product vision, strategy, and execution. This executive will be responsible for attracting and retaining high-caliber talent in multiple functions including product management, design, newly-forming product operations, and product strategy with a hyper-focus on innovation and rapid iteration. As a strategic partner to the CEO, the Chief Product Officer will define, embody, and empower the company’s product culture. TaskRabbit is seeking a visionary product leader who can scale, motivate high-output teams, and cultivate a creative and passionate culture.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
● Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and delivery
● Continue to create and innovate a best in class product for the freelance labor market
● Define and own product vision for the next five years; be excited about shaping the future of work
● Leverage the momentum of the most successful year to date to create career-defining growth opportunities for your team
● Drive and oversee product design, strategy, and operations to achieve the vision of the business at large
● Oversee and implement strong metrics around product launches and interactions on product feature
● Solidify TaskRabbit as the go-to service platform for freelance labor
● Help shape and define the product team’s methodology while leveraging product and industry best practices
● Apply marketplace experience and insight to find solutions to complex business opportunities, including those several years out
● Continuously inspire, mentor, and scale the product team while motivating product managers to deliver high-quality work
● Lead with a high velocity of output, encouraging team members to take ownership and strive to identify new opportunities
● Attract and retain a diverse, high caliber, output-oriented team
● Visionary with a strong desire to lead, learn, implement and adapt
● Has led the organizational development and rapid growth of product functions; strong ability to identify, hire, inspire, and scale a world-class product team
● Experience working across multiple functions and business units in collaboration with leadership across the organization
● Proven ability to maximize velocity and productivity of the team
● Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to manage, mentor, and motivate a team
● An extremely smart and dynamic individual with outstanding communication
● Track record of launching and building high-growth platforms
● Proven track record of working collaboratively with engineering to contribute to the product roadmap
● Experience working in a high-growth marketplace business
● Analytical problem solver with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
● Excellent ability to organize, synthesize, and present information
● Demonstrated quick thinking and agility
● Strong influencer and relationship builder with internal and external leaders
Desired Skills & Experience:
● Deep marketplace experience building consumer experiences on web and mobile
● 10-15+ years experience as a manager of managers
● Has successfully led teams of 20+
● Growth minded with bold personal, team, and business goals
● Experience executing on both long term and short term goals
● Success leading and building teams in marketplace platforms
● Have built high performing teams by mentoring, developing, and balancing retention with attracting new talent
● Strong communicator with the ability to clearly and effectively articulate a common vision
● Ability to identify and execute on opportunities exposed by evolving technology
● A hands-on approach with expertise building high traffic consumer products
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.