Why you should join us
Hi there, we're Otto, and we are improving the way people finance their daily lives.
As you're reading this, 1 in 4 people in the U.S. lacks access to affordable credit and resorts to using high interest, predatory loans (think: Payday, Title, Pawn, and Personal Loans) to make ends meet. These 500%+ APR short term loans trap borrowers in a downward debt spiral and severely limit their chances for getting ahead.
Leveraging modern technology, we are building the world's first asset-backed revolving credit product that makes lending decisions agnostic of credit score and delivers a standard interest credit card through a simple mobile platform. We are unlocking the value trapped within the $3 trillion worth of vehicles owned outright in the United States to provide sustainable credit for those that need it most.
We are backed by leading VCs, accomplished entrepreneurs, respected philanthropists, and founders from across the U.S. Our backers are the minds and investors behind the success of the Apple Card, Brex, Dave, Scribd, Parse, Twitch, Substack, Notion, LinkedIn, among others.
We have built and scaled a $100m+ ARR business, worked on apps used by millions of people for national brands, and fostered multi-million dollar public private partnerships. We are poised to fundamentally change the way tens of millions of Americans use credit to improve their daily lives.
Funding: $8.5M Seed (Q3 2021)
- 💰Competitive Compensation
- 🏝Unlimited PTO
Otto is based in Dallas, TX with a 50% remote team.
About the role
We are looking for experienced senior product managers who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products to tackle predatory lending and finally provide a way out of the debt spiral that afflicts millions of Americans. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
Products will largely revolving around credit cards, banking, payments, etc.
What your day to day will look like
- Define and implement key initiatives revolving around Otto's products
- Work closely with the internal teams and third-party vendors to monitor, troubleshoot and solve issues across the business
- Define new products and features with specs, wireframes, and product flows.
- Work cross-functionally to define, develop, launch and scale our product.
- Analyze the impact of product features and define key metrics for success.
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, researchers, and data analysts to build and scale products that make the most impact on our community members
- Define OKRs and set stretch goals for your product and team
- Establish, monitor and analyze metrics to track progress towards your OKRs
- Leverage user research and data analysis to identify and prioritize new product opportunities for your roadmap
- Design, develop, and execute experiments to test data-driven hypotheses for driving product growth
- Communicate the product vision, roadmap and results to your product team, stakeholders including the executive team, and community members
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across marketing, risk, customer support, finance and legal to ship sustainable and compliant products
Who you are
- Consumer fintech experience is a major plus.
- You enjoy getting into the details to solve tough problems and then build scalable solutions that can scale with the company.
- 3-8+ years of product management and/or growth experience at a consumer technology product company
- Strong product/design sense developed by shipping delightful and innovative products
- Strong analytical skills in leveraging data to drive product decisions and improve metrics
- Deep user empathy and experience building products based on user needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with a culture of rapid experimentation to accelerate learning and iteration
- Ability to influence and build alignment between different teams and functions to successfully execute your roadmap and deliver against goals
- Ability to get the job done in a highly constrained space even if that means rolling up your sleeves for your team
- Ability to think outside the box to solve hard problems with creative and radical ideas
- Consumer lending experience highly preferred
- Prior fintech, growth or entrepreneurial experience preferred
- BS or MS in science, engineering, or other related quantitative field are a bonus!
Dallas, TX / Remote