is a high-growth, award-winning financial technology startup on a mission to meaningfully improve the financial health and wellbeing of today's generation. We help people stretch their dollars between paychecks, save up for life's emergencies, spend more consciously — and ultimately, rewrite their financial story. The drive, fearless thinking, and empathy we bring to our work delivers better outcomes for our community every day.
Empower is picking up speed and on the cusp of something big. We're adding several thousand new customers to our community every day, and we've raised over $25 million from top venture capital firms, including Sequoia Capital, Initialized Capital, and Icon Ventures, as well as David Velez, Founder and CEO of Nubank, one of the most valuable financial technology startups in the world. We've also been recognized in Apple's list of "New Apps We Love," Time's "Best Apps of the Year So Far," and Real Simple's 2020 Smart Money Awards.
Want to make a difference in someone's financial journey? Let's go.
WHAT EMPOWER OFFERS
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity package
- Full healthcare and dental benefits
- Technology expense reimbursement
- Work from anywhere
We're looking for extraordinary people to help lead product development as Empower continues to scale. Our product leaders are customer-centric, collaborate intensely with other key disciplines, and make decisions with an eye towards Empower's business. Successful product managers are ambitious and resourceful -- willing to do whatever it takes to deliver value to our customers.
More specifically, product team members drive the strategy, tactics, and delivery timelines for all Empower features and products. They identify opportunities and develop perspectives on the most impactful things we should be building for our customers, and then they go do the work required to build those experiences by getting cross-functional support, designing specs, overseeing the development, and measuring outcomes. Empower product managers are experts in cross-functional partnership, constantly engaging colleagues in Operations, Marketing, Finance, Compliance, Support, and other Product areas in order to deliver on their goals and maximize impact. If you're looking for a role where you can have a massive impact and a wide scope, you'll find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding.
- We are looking for product managers and product leaders with varying levels of experience (minimum of 3+ years work experience in product management or management consulting/investment banking)
- Strong analytical abilities and are comfortable defining and measuring goals consistently
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- A get-it-done mindset; you're resourceful and happy to be hands-on and in the weeds
- A interest in addressing complicated and impactful product & business problems
- Experience delivering complex, cross-functional product initiatives
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and logical structuring abilities
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently lay out and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills