We are looking for an experienced, outward-facing Senior Product Manager, who will play a key role in finding Earthly’s commercial product-market fit. As the first product hire, you will work with build owners (Engineering Managers, DevOps Managers, Heads of Engineering, Architects) from medium and large companies, and help identify key customer pain points and requirements, develop positioning and messaging strategies, and hypothesize fully packaged solutions that Earthly can then explore in the marketplace. Your mission is to create a compelling commercial product offering on top of Earthly's open core foundation.
Earthly brings fast, secure, and repeatable CI builds. In a developer’s world of fragmented tools, programming languages, and frameworks, all of which require special environment setup, “works on my machine” has never been worth less than now. Earthly is a platform that ensures your builds are executed the same way everywhere: your laptop, your colleague’s laptop, or the cloud. Earthly’s ability to automatically cache and spread computation across compute clusters, as well as the means to sandbox workloads, make it the fastest, yet most secure CI ever.
Earthly CI is based on the free and open software Earthly Core. Over 500 CI pipelines run Earthly Core today and over 600 monthly active users run Earthly Core on their laptops. Its usage has grown 20-30% MoM for more than a year.
We are a small team of talented software engineers building the development tools we wished we had available to us. Among us we have ex-DigitalOcean, ex-VMware, ex-Tenable, ex-Weave and ex-Google engineers, and an ex-Sony UI designer. What we have in common is a passion for simple, easy to use, yet high-impact developer tools.
- User research: Define persona customer profiles, understand key pain points.
- Product strategy: Develop and communicate the product strategy internally, to align the company towards customer-oriented goals.
- Experiment: Run Beta programs for upcoming products and features. Source well-qualified beta program candidates.
- Product Marketing: Develop product positioning and messaging. Publish case studies about Earthly users and customers, host webinars, create targeted content.
- Roadmap: Define the high-level product roadmap, informed from conversations from the field.
- GTM: Work closely with the CEO to develop Earthly’s go-to-market strategy, define customer segments, explore partnerships, and experiment with pricing and monetization strategies.
- Product-market-fit: Help manage outreach, sales motion, and customer success for early commercial prospects.
- Collaborate: Work closely with key stakeholders (design, engineering, sales, developer relations) to deliver solutions that target customer pain points.
Please note that the requirements are for illustrative purposes mainly. The ideal candidate might not tick every checkbox.
- Excellent outward-facing product management skills
- 5+ years experience as a PM
- 8+ years professional experience
- Direct B2B enterprise experience
- B2B self-serve experience
- Experience with community-leveraged GTM
- Hustler mentality
- Strong communicator, strong listening skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Deep customer empathy
- Domain knowledge
- 3+ years experience as either a software developer, operations engineer, or a solutions architect, or equivalent experience that provides a strong foundational understanding of modern SDLC
- Previous experience as a PM at a company targeting Engineering and/or DevOps leadership: mainstream API company, developer tools company or OSS company
- Strong knowledge of the CI/CD market landscape
- Understanding of modern DevOps and CI/CD practices
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure, open source software and modern application SDLC
- Bonus points if you have been the build guru or the build owner in the past
- Gain the trust and respect of Earthly’s engineering team
- Alignment to the company culture
- Early team member of the company: need to be scrappy and resourceful
- Early team member of the company: tons of freedom, high impact, but also requires a lot of responsibility
- Experience with remote working. Fully distributed team
- Foster the Earthly culture within the company. The name “Earthly” was chosen from the expression “Down to Earth” - being friendly and accessible. Convey these values through your actions and your leadership.
- Healthcare, dental, vision plans including dependents (US only)
- Fully remote company, with +/- 3 hours time-zone difference of each other: no late night meetings.
- Incentive stock plan
- Credits for gym or activity equipment (US only)
- Work as part of a company with a strong open culture. Many contributions are visible and recognized publicly.
- Work at an early stage company, where your actions have high impact. An environment with boundless freedom and high responsibility. Excellent if you want to pursue the founder path in your career.