What is Orbiit?
is a matchmaking SaaS platform empowering commuities through 1:1 connections at scale. Members can opt-into regular, topic-based 1:1 virtual connections and Orbiit handles all comms, matching, scheduling, feedback collection and analytics.
Orbiit works with leading VC, startup and professional communities like Sequoia, First Round Capital, SVB, Modern Fertility, etc., which report 87 NPS, tangible outcomes for the participating members, increased engagement and sense of belonging to their respective community.
Who are we?
We are a seed stage startup funded by Founders Fund, Company VC, High Alpha and other world-class investors ($1m pre-seed in 2019 and a $2.7m seed in Q2 2021, will be raising Series A in 2022).
We are a passionate, global, team spanning from Seattle to Sofia that loves spending quality time together! Check out our Summer 2021 offsite in Spain and join us for the next one!
As former communuty managers, we experienced first-hand the challenges of bringing people together in a meaningful way—from matching, to scheduling, to gathering feedback. Many communities take pride in the strength of their network but don’t focus enough on how activated it is. Like everyone else with a busy job, community managers struggle with limited bandwidth. They don’t have a systematic, data-driven process for keeping track of and connecting individuals who might benefit from networking with each other.
Orbiit provides a smart and frictionless approach to community activation. We built our AI-powered SaaS platform with the community manager in mind. Once they set meeting parameters like topics or frequency of interaction, Orbiit handles all communications, scheduling with their community member via their Inbox and Calendar rather than yet another profile they need to manage. After each matching round, Orbiit collects and aggregates feedback for the community manager, so they can take informed decisions about how to best serve their communuty.
Orbiit is looking for a highly qualified Director of Product Management to lead and accelerate the development of a world-class product. The role has “full stack” product responsibilities including working hand-in-hand with the founders, designers, engineers, customer success and sales teams to deliver an exceptional product experience both for our community manager clients and their members.
Experience and location:
The ideal candidate will have 9-11 years of professional experience, including first-hand experience shaping the product of a scaling startup. In addition, the ideal candidate will be New York or London-based though we are also open to applications from awesome candidates from other East Coast or European locations.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the Founders to develop the long term product vision and strategy.
- Hire, coach and manage a high-performing foundational product team.
- Identify opportunities to accelerate the pace of product learning and shipping.
- Define and advance metrics and analyze test results to inform the success of features shipped.
- Partner closely with cross functional stakeholders, including but not limited to Engineering, Customer Success, Sales and Marketing leaders to build and deliver a world-class product.
- Clearly communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across the organization from founders and team to clients and investors.
- Own, manage and execute the roadmap for new product innovations and feature optimizations across the entire community manager and end-user journey.
We Are Looking For:
- Experience: You have minimum 7 years product management experience, preferrably with community-related/community-led products.
- Management: You have directly managed a team of 2+ product managers.
- Execution: You have led product teams, yet have the ability and motivation to work independently, taking ownership over projects and are comfortable with a player-coach role while building out the team.
- UX: You are passionate about creating intuitive, simple user experiences. You have a strong eye for usability and quality design. You are a strong partner to and advocate for design.
- Technical: You are comfortable working with engineers to prioritize broadly and you understand technical complexities of your product areas.
- Analytical: You have a good grasp of experiment design, statistical analysis and multivariate testing. You can use data to set OKRs, create dashboards to monitor product health, review analyses from across the company and develop basic models.
- Communication: You’re a strong communicator, both written and verbally. You enjoy working with complex concepts and distilling them down so that anyone can understand them. You’re comfortable working cross functionally with stakeholders and can manage competing needs to drive alignment and resolution.
- Diplomatic: You know how to work with all different types of personalities, and can navigate tough conversations.
- Empathetic: You empathize with our community manager clients by building long-term relationships with many of them, becoming their trusted advocate and help them do their job sustainably.
- Adaptable: You are curious, optimistic and a skilled problem-solver. You embrace the unknown and are able to adapt to shifts in priorities.You look outside your day to day to ensure you keep learning and growing.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible and empowering culture
- Unlimited PTO. We work hard but we expect our team to unplug when they need to!
- Health benefits and a personal L&D budget
- Strong career progression potential given the stage of the business
At Orbiit, we're building a company where all kinds of people from all walks of life are valued and respected. If you think this job sounds like you, come join us! We'd love to hear from you.
What our users say about Orbiit:
Why community managers love us:
Why their members give us thousands of 10/10 testimonials:
We're excited to hear from you!
Feel free to apply directly via AngelList (mentioning you found us on Lenny's Jobs) or e-mail us directly at email@example.com!