is a new type of social product based on voice. It allows people everywhere to talk, tell stories, develop ideas, deepen friendships, and meet interesting new people around the world.
Our early users love the product and we have grown very quickly since we launched in 2020. We take pride in being a small and productive team, with a relentless focus on our product and our community. As a company we are well funded, with backing from top-tier VCs and many of the best angel investors from Silicon Valley and beyond.
We are seeking to add extraordinary people to our growing team. If you think you would be a good fit, please let us know!
As the first growth product manager, you’ll be responsible for setting our growth strategy and building world-class product experiences to accelerate Clubhouse’s global growth. You’ll work closely with our founders, design, engineering, data science, marketing and operations teams.
We are a remote friendly-company — with our headquarters in San Francisco, a second office in LA, and a strong commitment to ensuring people can do great work here and thrive without having to live near an office. This role is open to candidates across the U.S.
Who you are
- You are experienced. You’ve led growth on different products and successfully employed different strategies and channels to grow consumer products. You’re an experienced product leader likely with 5+ years of experience working alongside highly effective product teams.
- You are data driven and a strong analytical thinker. You can break down complex problems and use data to inform how to tackle those problems. You’re fluent in growth accounting, analyzing funnels, and can set ambitious, clear metric goals for the team.
- You are a strong product thinker. You’re able to think deeply about user needs -- both functional and emotional -- and have good intuition about what makes a great product.
- You love to move quickly and build a culture of shipping. You’re great at sequencing product work to ensure we ship impactful products quickly. You set aggressive goals and timelines and hit them. When you’re involved, product teams move significantly more quickly.
- You bias towards action. You favor practical choices, speed and a respect for sequencing. You focus on the things that matter and push back on things that don’t. You make deadlines for yourself and you move fast.
- You’re scrappy and entrepreneurial. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are comfortable with not knowing the answer to something. You are willing to roll up your sleeves no matter what the challenge is.
- You take pride in what you do. You care deeply about your work and those who work for you. You read through details and think about every bit of infrastructure and operations. If something seems off, you come up with a good solution and fix it without being asked to do so. You’re proactive with suggestions and people know they can count on you to get things done.
- You enjoy your work. You love what you do, not because you feel you have to, but because you’re so excited to create something big for the world. Your favorite thing to do is to take on a huge challenge and pull it off.
- You care about doing the right thing. You value diversity and go out of your way to ensure others feel welcome. You enjoy hanging out with your teammates, have a low-ego, and make the workplace more fun for everyone.
What you will do
Millions of people around the world use Clubhouse every week to connect and create over 700,000 rooms every day. And we’re just scratching the surface! You’ll be responsible for creating a strategy to introduce Clubhouse to millions more around the world, ensure they have a great first experience using Clubhouse, and come back again and again.
- You’ll ship world-class products that our community loves. As part of the Clubhouse team, you will move fast. You’ll work with designers, engineers, data scientists, and marketing to build amazing experiences that help the community grow.
- You’ll grow and improve rapidly. At Clubhouse you’ll be working with an incredible team, who love to learn from and teach each other. You’ll find yourself stretching to new areas, immersed in feedback, challenged by your teammates, and growing your skills on a daily basis.
- You’ll be an owner. We believe in hiring people and giving them as much responsibility as they can handle. Whether it’s setting strategy, understanding how people use our product with data, or building fantastic experiences, we’ll make sure you are always pushing yourself to new levels.
- You’ll create something meaningful. Social products allow people to connect in ways that were never before possible. When the telephone was invented, it suddenly allowed people to speak with others across the world. Thanks to FaceTime, grandparents everywhere can now watch their grandchildren grow up. At Clubhouse, you’ll be figuring out something entirely new for the world—a positive product that brings people’s voices together for deep and meaningful conversations, creates new relationships, builds empathy across cultures, entertains people, and helps people develop ideas that change the course of their lives.
As an early team member at Clubhouse you will be a critical voice and have significant influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and ensure this is the single best work experience of your life. If you think you might be a good fit for our team, we’d love to hear from you!